Monday 16 May 2011

Toiling.

Now that I have created the pattern's I need to see how the form in fabric, so I am going to make up half the jacket in calico. When cutting out in calico, lay out the pattern pieces and make sure that the grain line is parallel to the warp. So that after the jacket is made we can pin is correctly, I drew I line on the calico where my centre front and centre back would be and then pinned the pattern exactly onto this line, matching the centre fold lines.




Setting the collar in is very challenging but I am pleased with how it looks apart from the revere i sewed as a curve rather than straight lines to create the point.  I need to be aware not to do this when making my full jacket.


The sleeve I set in as one big lantern shape however now that is it sewn in I need to alter it and then make the appropriate changes on the pattern. I don't want to take to much out of it though as I love how big it is and I always wanted the sleeves to be the main feature of the jacket.


No comments:

Post a Comment