Saturday 28 May 2011

Toile Fitting.

Today was the day of toile fittings. Initially I wasn't entirely sure what this would be like as I had never done something like this before.  I have been so focused on this project and I feel that my knowledge in regards to pattern cutting and fit has really grown since I have started this project, so I was very excited to see my jacket on a moving body.  It was a very stressful day as I had not yet set my collar in, but it was all ready for the fitting and here is what happened.









There were very few adjustments to be made which I was happy about. The collar and rever needed to be looked at, it was a very awkward shape and angle and they were was too much of a gap so we added a some calico underneath and with a marker drew in a shape which looked better and from that i changed the pattern. The collar around the neck slightly tight so I was to open that by 7mm. I also decided that I wanted the sleeve hem to be tighter in order to create more of an effect with the sleeve, so i decreased the hem circumference by 7 cm.

No comments:

Post a Comment