Tuesday 2 November 2010

Process Art - Jackson Pollock.


My painting does not come from the easel. I prefer to tack the unstretched canvas to the hard wall or the floor. I need the resistance of a hard surface. On the floor I am more at ease. I feel nearer, more part of the painting, since this way I can walk around it, work from the four sides and literally be in the painting.

 


Jackson Pollock's artworks are full of expression and emotion.  There is real sense of freedom that comes from the paintings, and is portrayed in the way they are created. Pollock has no fear when painting that he will make a mistake or destroy the image because every piece has a life of its own. "It is only when I lose contact with the painting that the result is a mess. Otherwise there is pure harmony, an easy give and take, and the painting
comes out well". 

No comments:

Post a Comment