Saturday 20 November 2010

Diane Covert : Inside Terrorism | X-Ray Project

Inside Terrorism is a photography exhibit which uses actual x-rays and CT scans from the two largest hospitals in Jerusalem to explore the most important social issue of our time : the effects of terrorism on a civilian population.  Not only does this subject mean a lot to me, but the photography is beautiful, because of how real it is, and I think it is a could source of inspiration for my project.

I was eating pizza.

I was riding the bus.

Nail in neck.

Chest X-ray, two views of same individual.

Smashed hand.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i too love Diane Covert's work, and have featured it in my blog x-raypics.wordpress.com you may like to have a look at it. I have done some work using Chest X-rays and find it therapeutic for myself, though not too sure what it does for other people. There is quite a wide genre of people using X-rays either to produce artworks (like found objects) or through manipulation to create new and exciting things. You mention a project of your own and i am interested in it would like to hear more. - Tony

    ReplyDelete